Wednesday, December 5, 2018

The English that I have had in the university has been a little different from the one I had in school, on the one hand the intensity and difficulty is almost similar since I was lucky to have teachers who had years of specialization abroad, during some months Teachers from the United States, Germany and New Zealand came to make classes at my school, all part of an internal program. On the other hand the way in which I have been learning English in the University is very different, since now we are given the opportunity to express ourselves freely in a blog, thus letting ideas flow more easily than in an exhibition.
I think that blogs are one of the best ways to learn and apply the English that is studied because you can try to explain an idea using all the English you know, and if you do not know how to express an idea correctly, you can learn it, let's not forget that every language is learned when it is used more freely, learning phrases that at first are of interest to the student.
Although I have learned a lot, there are things like a lot to improve, mainly the pronunciation, for me it is easy to understand English, but it is very difficult to express the dialect, I think it can be improved by singing, listening to music in English and then singing it , trying to say the phrase as the singer does, understanding what is obviously said.
My use of English is almost the same as when I left school, the difference is that now I understand more. I use it mainly when playing video games, since I keep them with the original language that is usually English, to try to learn more and not ruin the original voices. Another way I use English day to day is when I watch movies or listen to music. Fortunately, studying a scientific career took me to a world previously unknown, scientific journals, these are usually in English so it helps me a lot to improve in this language.
Imagen relacionada 

4 comments:

  1. Learning english from teacher from other countrys should've been interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learn english playing videogames, it's a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exposure with different cultures through foreign professors would really help with improving a student's interest in learning something new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never understand the scientific journals in English :) you should help me

    ReplyDelete

Blog´s